5 Tips for Managing Emotional Stress.
Emotional stress is just as harmful to your health and physical trauma and toxic overload. But, many people don’t know what to do about it or even like to talk about it. Here are five tips to get you started on managing your emotional stress.
- Focus on Routine. Not only will this help with time management, it will keep your day on track and minimize emotional triggers. Establish a routine that includes both what you need to get done in addition to fun activities that you enjoy.
- Move Regularly. Whether it be walking, yoga, biking or even Boot Camp (high intensity interval training), regular body motion (you can call it exercise if you’d like) is vital for a healthy mindset.
- Feed your soul. Enjoy quiet time, read, pray, practice breathing techniques or do whatever it is that helps you relax and feel worry free. Here are a few of our favorite apps that can help. Glenn Harrold, Bold Tranquility and Centering Prayer.
- Find your (real) social network. Engage regularly with family, friends, church groups or even a pet. And, don’t be afraid to seek out the help of a counselor or therapist. Sometimes we all need professional help.
- Focus on Nutrition. Create a healthy meal plan (whole foods, paleo, Weston A Price) to keep you on track and prevent using alcohol, sugar and nicotine as coping mechanisms.
Bonus Tip: Get adjusted to minimize spinal stress that can be keeping you from feeling like yourself!