Spring Health: 5 Tips to Feel Great!
Springtime is full of optimism, excitement and new beginnings. Just like we take the time to clean out our living and working space, we need to take this time to clean out our body and mind. Follow our top five tips to get the most enjoyment out of this time of year!
- Walk Every Day: Make it a goal to walk every day. The fresh air and exercise are great both physically and emotionally. Try walking on variable surfaces like trails or even the grass between the sidewalk and road. Embrace your surroundings and connect with nature!
- Consider a Detox or Cleanse: Refrain from sugar, grains, alcohol and caffeine to give your body a chance to rid itself of toxins and stored fat. Try anything from a simple 10-day sugar cleanse (or detox) to a more aggressive 14-28 day program.
- Incorporate Vegetables With Each Meal: Add a vegetable to each meal to help with nutrient and mineral levels to boost energy. Sauteed cabbage and onions go great with most breakfasts. Carrots, celery and/or peppers are an easy addition to most lunches. And roasted broccoli and cauliflower make a great side at dinner.
- Plant a Garden: Carefully plan what vegetables you’d like and where to plant them for optimal growth. Use this resource for your first garden and this one for more advanced tips and ideas to consider.
- Try something new: Have an open mind to try something out of your comfort zone like a yoga class, daily meditation practice, train for and run a 5K, volunteer at a park clean-up event, go for weekly hikes, try a boot camp/high intensity interval training workout or join a book club!
To learn more about living with the seasons, read here.
*Bonus tip: Get adjusted to improve mobility, circulation and overall well-being!