What to do when sick; 5 tips for a speedy recovery.
In addition to staying hydrated and getting plenty of rest, try these five tips to recover from your next illness quickly.
- Energize with Elderberries. Elderberries provide many immune boosting benefits and anti-viral properties. Try this syrup or make your own tea.
- Add Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV). ACV contains a wealth of raw enzymes and beneficial bacteria (among other health benefits) to get you back to feeling like yourself again. Mix 1-2 tablespoons of ACV with 8 ounces of water and add raw honey or blackstrap molasses to minimize the strong taste.
- Believe in Bone Broth. Making your own bone broth is easy and full of nutrients, minerals and gelatin to help you recover from illness. Drink it like a cup of tea, use it instead of water when cooking rice and/or lentils and instantly make your homemade soups and stews more nutritious.
- Netti Pot is Necessary. Neti pots cleanse and refresh the nasal passages. Regular use will help relieve and prevent congested sinuses, colds and sinus infections.
- Embrace Essential Oils (EO). EO’s provide many therapeutic benefits and can aid in immune support. Specifically, peppermint, eucalyptus, tea tree and lemon can help with congestion, colds and coughs. Diffuse them in the air, apply a few drops topically (mixed with coconut oil) or add to a bath with a cup of epsom salt.
Bonus Tip! Get adjusted to improve circulation, drainage and enhance the body’s healing response.